ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management System
ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management System is a management system developed for the systematic reduction and possible elimination of the damages that can be caused or may be caused by the organizations.
It is a system that ensures the determination of environmental factors at every stage of the process starting from the raw material to final product and presenting it to the customers, and controls the necessary inspections and measures to minimize the damage to the environment.
ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management System is a system standard, not a product standard, and is concerned with how it is produced, rather than what is produced. It is based on monitoring and continuous improvement of environmental performance. It is the first published management system standard for the environment in the world.
ISO 14001 Environmental Management System Standard has been revised considering the developments in the business world and changes in environmental practices. The ISO 14001 standard is now in use with the 2015 version.
Who Can Apply
Regardless of the scale of the ISO 14001 Environmental Management System standard, determination of environmental factors at every stage of the process starting from raw material to final product, which wants to systematically reduce the damages they may cause or can cause to the environment, the environmental factors are controlled by necessary examinations and measures, it is suitable for all organizations that want to be minimized and want to do it in a certain way that is accepted by the world to manage these processes.
ISO 14001 is therefore an adaptable and applicable standard for any organization.
Integration with Other Systems
ISO 14001 also includes a revised ISO 9001 Quality Management System, ISO 45001 Occupational Health and Safety Management System published in 2018 and/or ISO 22000 Food Safety Management System, which provides almost complete integration with the structure.
For this reason, it is very easy to make the other management systems that you will implement in your organization integrated with ISO 14001. In this way, you can provide a more effective working infrastructure.
Benefits of ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management System for Your Organization
Under the main headings of a better management system for your organization, better planning of activities, faster resolution of problems, and increasing respectability in your organization;
* Creating an environmental policy appropriate to the environmental impacts of your activities,
* Determining environmental dimensions and applying procedures to keep them up to date,
* Commitment to comply with all legal and other requirements,
* Determining measurable environmental goals and objectives, to work to achieve these goals and objectives.
* To be ready for any kind of emergency that may affect the environment and to create a system to intervene,
* Indicates that your environmental sensitivity is maximum,
* Easy access to new customers and partners,
* Possibility to better manage your environmental impacts and risks,
* Maximum sensitivity for the environment in which we are responsible for our future and for all humanity.
* Record the nonconformities encountered, create corporate memory, analyze, identify and correct the sources of error and ensure that it is not repeated.
* Identify and execute effective internal audit processes within the organization.
* Review every level of the organization and provide opportunities for improvement.
* And finally;
You can use your ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management System certificate in order to increase your brand value and reputation.